If you don’t know what you’re talking about how do you keep it down low and not get too sharp?
Here’s the answer…
A good quality, low-friction finger pick is an ideal instrument for finger picking. It’s a great instrument to play at any level of your musical abilities.
There are several things to keep in mind when picking. You’ll need to be careful, but you’ll find the answer has everything to do with how you use the finger pick. There will be no shortcuts and you might have to be aggressive to get a sound you’re looking for, but you’ll always have a better instrument at the end of the day.
Here are 5 things you want to remember as you practice, and here’s some tips and tricks to follow that will help you get there:
1. Play from the same fingering in the first and last bars of each bar, just like the rest of your songs. It’s important that you follow the basic rhythm patterns that all jazz players use. There are lots of reasons, of course, but if you follow the rhythm pattern consistently it will help keep you playing consistent chords.
2. Listen to the rhythm like a recording, not just like what we hear on a cassette player, to make sure rhythm is coming through the instrument. Do the rhythm patterns and rhythms that were playing in the bar before you. This will make it easier to play the song later and will allow you to use new patterns you’ve learned. You may not be able to hear the rhythms in the bars you were playing, but you’ll be able to hear the rhythms coming in the notes you’re playing.
3. Try to make sure you never use an open string on the ukulele, especially the first string. Playing open strings will cut out the sounds of the bar, and the open strings can cut off your upper string as well.
4. If you want to play cleanly with the ukulele you may need to make little adjustments to the speed and volume of the guitar’s volume control, or maybe even adjust the pedal, if you use an aftertouch pedal.
5. If you have little ones or your parents are going to be at your concert, bring music for them, preferably something appropriate that they can play on the instrument. They won’t really appreciate how bad music is playing on a piano. In particular, if you play chords on the keyboard while they’re singing, that’s not
daddy lessons ukulele chords, how to learn ukulele fretboard printable pdf, ukulele chord chart pdf, ukulele tuning, best way to learn ukulele strumming techniques of israel